New Zealand Tour
- 'Lion New Zealand' yacht
- Activities during island stopover can include kayaking, snorkeling, swimming, exploring, sunbathing or relaxing
- BBQ lunch
- Ample cover to shelter from the weather
- Life jackets, wet weather gear provided
- Commentary in English by crew
|Frequency||Daily. October to April|
|Total Duration||8.5 Hours|
Pier B, Paihia Wharf
|Returns||Pier B, Paihia Wharf|
- Confirmation E-Voucher will be sent within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- E-Voucher contains operator details, times and local contact telephone numbers
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of travel
Spend the day with us onboard the late Sir Peter Blake’s world famous 80 foot maxi yacht ‘Lion New Zealand’.
Sail amongst the bay’s 144 islands and get involved with the sailing.
Help trim the sails, take the helm, exert energy on the grinders or simply sit back and relax.
Stop at OteheiBay for a fresh BBQ and activities such as kayaking, snorkelling, island walks or just enjoy the beach at this amazing place before sailing back to shore in the afternoon.
Lion was built for the 1985/86 Whitbread Round the World Yacht Race and won the infamous 1984 Sydney to Hobart.
This magnificent yacht offers a once in a lifetime experience and the best part is that no previous experience is necessary.
Exhilaration is the way to describe sailing on this yacht in the Bay of Islands.
Either sit back for the ride, or get fully involved with the operation of the vessel.
You may even have the chance to view dolphins riding the bow wave of the yacht.
At lunchtime the yatch anchors at one of the many idyllic islands where a traditional kiwi barbeque (often commented on as being the best lunch in the Bay) is provided.
Passengers can go ashore and participate in some great island activities, swimming, snorkeling, nature walks, or simply kick back and enjoy the relaxed pace and island atmosphere.
- Morning/afternoon tea refreshments (own expense)
- No sailing experience necessary
- Bring a togs (bathers/swimmers), hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, comfortable shoes and camera
- Covered footwear should be worn
- In winter months we advise dressing warmly - jackets and warm clothes recommended
- Child ages are 5-15 years inclusive (0-5 years are free if sitting on a lap, but if a seat is required a child fare must be paid)